Top 10 Applications for Creating Screencasts
According to the article ScreenFlow is the best one. Camtasia comes on place 5. The site claims that even my old friend Snapz Pro X is better than Camtasia. That is a bit surprising!
The person doesn’t even list iShowU HD nor iShowU itself. I’m not aware if he/she is aware this, often recommended, app even exists.
- Screen Flow – Simply the best, most robust application for creating screencasts at an affordable price.
- SnapZpro – While not as many features of Screen Flow, more affordable and easy to use.
- Jing – One of the more popular free applications for recording screencasts (unpaid version saves as a swf file).
- Screenjelly – Probably the most user-friendly site to use for recording video and uploading to a number of sites.
- Camtasia – Great application for Windows, similar to Screen Flow.
- Screenr – Excellent free site for recording screens with an iMovie type interface.
- ScreenCastle – One of the best and easiest ways to record a screen and share or embed with others.
- Sequence – Very affordable Mac application for creating screencasts with the ability to draw or comment.
- Screenium – A nice Mac application at a nice price.
- Screen Flick – A Mac application with many export features.