New Link Macro in Editorial
I complained that I haven’t found a “good” link workflow for Editorial. I complained, and now I should deliver.
I created an implementation of my New Link macro from Markdown for Keyboard Maestro in Editorial. What this workflow does:
- If there is a selection, you will be asked if you want to have that text as readable text. The text that is between
- When there is no selection, the closest word will be selected, as a convenience method for not having to select something first.
- After this, the text will be displayed allowing you to change it.
- The clipboard will then be scanned for
http, if there is no link on the clipboard an empty dialog is displayed, pre-filled with
http, awaiting your input. In the other case, the clipboard is being displayed, asking for correctness.
- Tap OK and the first 40000 bytes only will be downloaded and the
<title>is stripped out. This is something I took from Markdown for Keyboard Maestro 2. The original macro is considerably faster that way! Make this number smaller for improved performance, it is intentionally set way too high to accommodate for sites with “not so good” HTML.
- Selected text will be replaced in the format
[[readable text]]([url] "[title]").