Best @ScrivenerApp Find of the day
I just discovered the very useful “Convert Web Archive to Text” function. (Documents → Convert → Web Archive to Text) It does what it says.
However, this is even more useful with the Instapaper Text bookmarklet (second from bottom).
- Read something on the web
- Decide it’s worth being kept as reference in Scrivener
- Activate Instaper Text 4.Drag the URL of the, cleaned up, webpage to Scrivener’s Research section
- Wait until Scrivener has downloaded the webpage as Web Archive
- Documents → Convert → Web Archive to Text
- The Web Archive is converted to rich text, which means (hyper)links are intact, e.g. the “View original” at the top of an “instapapered” text.
- Text has the advantage that parts can be highlighted.