AirServer 3.0: AirPlay your iOS media to every Mac
AirServer has been updated to version 3.0 yesterday. The app allows you to make an “AirPlay enabled AppleTV” out of every Mac. This includes photos, videos, and music. Version 3 adds the following features:
- Re-engineered support for iOS 5
- New iOS 5 playlist support
- New built-in video, photo and slideshow players for Lion
- New built-in photo and slideshow players
- Slideshow player supports visual effects and music
- Multiple displays, mouse gestures and keyboard support on Lion
- Fullscreen mode with Plex and XBMC in the background
- Support for both fullscreen and windowed mode
- Audio password protection
- Automatic rebroadcasting on overloaded networks
- Automatic relaunching after crashes
AirServer will hopefully be able to stream an iPhone/iPad display over AirPlay in the future as well. Unfortunately, at the moment, it can’t/doesn’t.
The app is only $7.99 and works far better than other AirPlay apps like Shairport or Airmac.