Activate Three Finger Drags on Older MacBooks
WARNING: You could lose your entire keyboard and mouse as input! Please, make a backup before proceeding!!!
This hint requires the Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 to be installed!
- Go to
- Copy the kext to your Desktop or somewhere else.
- Right click Show Package Contents
- Go into
- Open section
- Under each
WSTrackpadSomething3you’ll find an entry named
TrackpadThreeFingerDragcopy that entry.
- Paste in all sections beginning with either WSTrackpad or WSTrackpad2
- Save the file and move the kext back to the Extensions folder.
- IMPORTANT: Now repair permissions with Disk Utility.
After the restart you should be able to see Three Finger Drag in System Preferences under Trackpad.